To learn more about specific topics, please review some of our firm's articles listed below:
- Divorce 101: The Proverbial Toaster
- Divorce in the legal sense is more about dividing shared assets, not your household furniture and appliances.
- Parenting Plan/Custody — Fireworks
- Dividing up holidays can be tough when determining your parenting plan. Don't let the issue explode out of proportion.
- In Tennessee, Judges are God!
- A case where a judge overstepped his authority when it came to naming a child
- Legalization of Marijuana in Washington
- What does legalizing marijuana mean for Washington citizens?
- So you've just been pulled over by the police — WHAT NOW!
- Practical tips for when you are pulled over by the police
- Research shows mild brain injuries can have lasting damage
- New research suggests there may be no such thing as a "minor" brain injury.
- To prevent dog bites, a little information can go a long way
- Do you know what to do if a strange dog approaches you?
- The Real Story on Punitive Damages
- So you think you deserve punitive damages? Here's some things you should know.
- Tour de Seattle: Bicycle Laws in Washington
- A friendly reminder that bicycle riders have equal rights to the road. If those rights were violated and you suffered injury, we can help.
- Dog-Owner Liability for Bites in the State of Washington
- Washington dog owners are strictly liable for what their dogs do.
- Premises Liability: or That Time When I Slipped at the Store and Broke my Ankle
- What does "premises liability" actually mean, and an example from a recent case we handled
Motor Vehicle Accidents
- What to Do if you Get into a Car Accident
- Practical tips for if you get involved in an accident
- What NOT to Do if You Get into a Car Accident
- Here's what you should avoid doing if you were in a car accident.
- The Truth Behind Cell Phones and Driving
- Using cellphones behind the wheel has become a major problem in recent years, and studies have proven just how much texting while driving can increase the risk of an accident.
- The Infamous Bumper Tap
- What you should do after a fender-bender.
- Storm Warnings: The True Cost of Driving in the Rain
- The Pacific Northwest is known for its rainfall. Here's some tips for when that rainfall becomes more than a sprinkle.
- Small Accident — Major Pain
- Whiplash isn't a "minor" injury. In fact, it can be pretty painful and debilitating.
- How to Avoid Becoming Washington's Next Hit-and-Run Victim
- Though pedestrians have certain rights of way, it's important to use common sense, especially when out and about at night.
- Take Care to Prevent Bicycle — Motor Vehicle Accidents in Washington State
- Seattle is one of the most bike-friendly cities in America. Learn what you can do to protect yourself as a biker or when sharing the road with bikers.
- Don't Get Blindsided by Your Insurance Company
- Don't be fooled by the commercials — insurance companies are just that: companies. And companies like to protect their bottom line.
- Suspension of Seattle doctor highlights risk of "distracted doctoring"
- Doctors who use phones and other devices while providing treatment are on the rise, and such "distracted doctoring" increases the risk of patient injury.
- Studies suggest many hospital errors are preventable and under-reported
- Hospital errors are more common than we might think. Unfortunately, many are preventable, but people often feel they cannot or should not report them.
- Study: Medical errors are now the third leading cause of U.S. deaths
- Why You Need a Will Now!
- Your will is the one thing that tells the courts what to do with your assets and belongings after you pass away. Without one, your family could be in for a world of headache.
General Legal Topics
- Facebook and the Law
- The presence of social media has dynamically changed the legal landscape. We'll help you protect yourself and your case.
- Gotta Love our Court System!
- Sometimes the legal system can give us pause for a chuckle.
- Learn more about the mediation process, what's involved, and why it might be a good idea for your case.