Most people find auto and homeowners insurance coverage confusing. How much is enough? As personal injury attorneys, we have seen firsthand the impact of too-little insurance coverage for our clients in Redmond, Bellevue and other areas of Washington. We have seen families struggle to pay for medical bills or funeral expenses. We have seen individuals lose personal savings and property. We have seen people face bankruptcy.
You do not have to be a financial victim of a car, truck or motorcycle accident. At the Law Offices of Magnuson Lowell P.S., we serve the legal needs of individuals and families who live and work in Redmond, Bellevue and the greater Puget Sound region. From car wrecks to dog bites, we have helped numerous clients obtain an acceptable resolution to their problems. Contact our insurance coverage attorneys for a free initial consultation.
Decoding The Insurance Alphabet Soup
If you were involved in an accident, you will likely find yourself wading through a flood of insurance forms to sign while questions form in your mind. Whose insurance pays for what? What if the other driver didn't have car insurance? What if the insurance coverage doesn't pay for all the expenses?
At our firm, we understand the questions you may have. Whether you are considering how much insurance to get or you need compensation after an accident, our lawyers can help. In general, there are two types of automobile insurance: third-party coverage to provide for other people's needs and first-party coverage to provide for yours. Under those two types fall more specific categories:
- Liability (BI) hires an attorney for you and pays a settlement or judgment to someone you have hurt or damaged. Another form of insurance, known as property damage (PD) coverage, provides money for property damage to the other driver's car.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) pays your medical coverage claim expenses for accident-related treatment and may provide coverage for lost wages, household assistance and funeral expenses. This covers you regardless of who is at fault. PIP also covers the occupants of your car and pedestrians or bicyclists you may have struck.
- Collision coverage pays you for repairs to your damaged car or pays you the fair market value of your totaled car.
- Comprehensive coverage pays for repairs to your car when it is damaged by something other than a collision.
- Underinsured/uninsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage pays you if you are hurt in an accident caused by someone else, if the other driver did not have insurance or did not have enough to cover your medical expenses and damages. This is an additional auto insurance claim that you may make based on if you bought this type of coverage as part of your own policy.
Redmond Lawyer Handling Auto Insurance Claims
If you believe you have been unfairly denied by your insurer, we can help you with a bad faith insurance claim, and we also are skilled at handling all types of other insurance coverage disputes.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Whether you are wondering how much insurance to carry or need to collect after an accident, the Law Offices of Magnuson Lowell P.S. can help. Contact our insurance coverage lawyers for a complimentary consultation with an experienced attorney. We can help you obtain the benefits you have paid for. Call 425-242-4021 or 888-312-9484 today.