Effective Guidance For Post-Divorce Modifications

When a couple divorces, child custody, child support, and spousal maintenance determinations are made to accommodate needs and reflect current life circumstances. But as months and years go by, lives change. The legal decrees that once directed child custody and payments of child and spousal support may no longer fit.

A post-divorce modification may be appropriate and necessary if the life circumstances of an ex-husband, ex-wife, or child have significantly changed. To learn more about modifying a divorce decree, contact a modifications attorney from Magnuson Lowell, P.S.

Understanding Your Options

An attorney from our law firm can help you understand your options for pursuing a post-divorce modification of:

  • Child custody and visitation — Modifying child custody or a parenting plan post-divorce must have court approval. Whether you are seeking a minor or a major change to your current child custody/parenting plan (for parental relocation, for example), our firm can help you through the legal process.
  • Child support — If the financial circumstances of either parent change, or the child's financial needs change, either party can seek a child support modification.
  • Spousal maintenance/alimony — A modification to an existing spousal maintenance decree can be sought if either party's financial circumstances have significantly changed. Talk to an attorney from our firm to learn about options specific to your situation.

Contact Us For A Free Consultation

We are committed to helping individuals and families throughout the state of Washington resolve their family law and divorce-related matters efficiently and cost-effectively. To learn more about custody modifications or support modifications in a free phone consultation, call us at 425-242-4021 or 888-312-9484. You may also schedule a consultation online.