Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist

Imagine being hit by a driver who doesn't have adequate insurance — or doesn't have any insurance at all. Even if the crash was the other driver's fault, it will be difficult for you to get compensation through their insurance policy to cover the damages you incurred. So, what do you do?

You will have to file a claim against your own insurance policy. Many policies include coverage for exactly these situations: being hit by a driver who is uninsured or underinsured. At the Law Offices of Magnuson Lowell P.S. in Redmond, Washington, we can help you navigate the process and ensure that you get the compensation you need.

What To Do After Being Hit By An Uninsured Or Underinsured Driver

If you suspect the other driver involved in your auto accident does not have adequate insurance, you should contact your insurance company immediately. Most insurance companies have deadlines for when you must report a possible uninsured/underinsured claim. The sooner you call, the better.

The next thing you should do is call a lawyer. Our attorneys understand how insurance companies operate because they have experience representing them. We know the tactics your insurance company might use to give you less than you deserve. We will protect your rights and strive to ensure that you receive adequate compensation for your damages.

How The Process Is Different From Other Car Accident Claims

When you are seeking compensation from your own insurance company instead of another driver's, you lose the right to file a lawsuit if you cannot agree on a settlement. If you cannot reach a settlement with your insurance company, the matter can go to arbitration. The arbitrator's final decision will be difficult to appeal.

Most personal injury matters end in a settlement, and our lawyers will fight to obtain the compensation you need to recover from the damages you incurred. If arbitration is necessary, we will use our skills and experience to build a strong case on your behalf.

Learn More In A Free Consultation

To discuss your options for pursuing an uninsured or underinsured motorist claim with one of our personal injury attorneys, please call us at 425-242-4021 or 888-312-9484 or contact us via email.