Have you been injured in a motor vehicle accident?
When you get behind the wheel of your car or get on a motorcycle, you have the right to expect that drivers on the road will play by the rules. Unfortunately, our highways and streets are filled with negligent and distracted drivers who cause accidents, injuries and death every day throughout King, Snohomish, Pierce County and the surrounding areas.
Free consultation about your motor vehicle accident
No attorney's fees unless you obtain money for your motor vehicle accident injuries.
What to do after a car accident?
If you have a car accident, it is important to take these steps:
- Stay at the scene: Do not leave the scene of the accident, even when it is a minor fender bender from distracted driving. Leaving the car accident scene, could result in criminal charges.
- Check for injuries: If someone is injured, call an ambulance immediately. If the injuries are severe, do not move the person unless it is necessary to avoid further harm.
- Call the police: Even when the car accident seems minor, it's important to call the police and to also file a report. The police report may be useful in settling insurance claims, determining fault, having medical bills covered in the future.
- Exchange information: Get the contact information, insurance information, and vehicle registration information from the other driver(s) involved in all types of accidents. If there are any witnesses, get their names and contact information as well.
- Take photos: Whenever possible, take photos of the damage to the vehicles and any visible injuries. Also take photos of stop signs, traffic signals and other surrounding areas where the motor vehicle accident occurred.
- Report the accident to your insurance company: Notify your insurance company as soon as possible after the accident.
- Seek medical attention: If you are injured, it's important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even when you feel fine, you should still be evaluated by a doctor as some injuries may not be immediately apparent. Have your doctor check for broken bones, as well as injuries that may not be visibly obvious.
- Keep track of expenses: Keep a record of all expenses related to the accident, including medical bills, car repair costs, and lost wages.
The steps taken after a car accident can vary depending on the specific circumstances of the car accident. It is always best to consult with an attorney if you have questions or need legal advice regarding a car accident, negligent driver, impact accident or impact collisions.
How to you win a car accident personal injury lawsuit?
Winning a car accident personal injury lawsuit requires presenting strong evidence to prove that the other driver was at fault and that your injuries, pain and suffering, as well as damages were a direct result of the accident. Some steps that may help increase chances of winning a personal injury lawsuit include:
- Gather evidence: Collect as much evidence as possible, such as photos of the accident scene, the police report, medical records, witness statements, and any other relevant documentation.
- Seek medical attention: It is important to seek medical attention promptly after the accident and to keep a record of all medical treatments and expenses related to the injuries.
- Hire an experienced personal injury attorney: An experienced personal injury attorney can help you build a strong case and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf.
- Prove fault: Winning a personal injury lawsuit, involves proving the other driver was at fault for the accident. This may require proving that the driver failed to do something (such as filing to yield); the driver was reckless, negligent, or violated traffic laws.
- Calculate damages: To receive compensation for damages, demonstrate the full extent of the losses, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and any other out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident.
- Negotiate with insurance companies: Insurance companies often try to settle personal injury cases for as little as possible. An experienced personal injury attorney can help negotiate with insurance companies and ensure a fair settlement is received.
- Prepare for trial: If a settlement cannot be reached, a personal injury lawsuit may go to trial. In this case, it is important to be prepared to present your case in front of a judge and jury.
The specific steps required to win a lawsuit will vary depending on the specific circumstances of the car accident case. An experienced personal injury car accident attorney can provide you with the legal advice and guidance needed to navigate the personal injury claim process and increase chances of winning the case.
Benefits of Working with an Auto Accident Attorney
There are several benefits to working with an auto accident attorney after being involved in a car accident:
- Knowledge of the law: Auto accident attorneys have extensive knowledge of personal injury law and can help explain rights and options.
- Assistance with insurance claims: An auto accident attorney can help navigate the insurance claim process and ensure that fair compensation for injuries and damages may be received.
- Strong negotiation skills: Auto accident lawyers are experienced negotiators and can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to reach a fair settlement.
- Representation in court: If the case goes to trial, car accident lawyers may provide representation in court and help present the case in front of a judge and jury.
- Access to resources: Auto accident attorneys have access to a network of resources, including medical experts, accident reconstruction specialists, and other professionals, that can help build the case and strengthen the car accident claim.
- No upfront costs: Most car accident lawyers accept cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that they do not charge any upfront fees and get paid if compensation for injuries and damages is awarded.
- Increased chances of a favorable outcome: An car accident attorney can increase chances of a favorable outcome by presenting a strong case and negotiating on your behalf.
In general, working with car accident attorneys can provide you with the legal support and guidance needed to navigate the car accident claim process and receive fair compensation for injuries and damages.
Contact Magnuson Lowell, P.S. motor vehicle accident attorneys Whether injuries or fatalities happened in a car crash on I-5 or I-405, a truck accident on Highways 2, 9, 12 or 18 or a motorcycle accident on a state route like 520 or 522, our top priority is to provide you with the vigorous, honest and effective representation that you are entitled to receive from your attorneys.
At the Law Offices of Magnuson Lowell P.S. in Redmond, Washington, we help people who have suffered an injury or the loss of a loved one recover maximum compensation from the insurance companies of negligent drivers. Each of our car accident lawyers brings a specific set of skills and trial experiences to the table for every client we represent.
A Team Approach To Personal Injury
When you hire us to represent you for injuries suffered in a car accident, you receive our entire team of personal injury professionals, who work together to make sure that every detail is accounted for and every legal option is considered.
Whether injuries or fatalities happened in a car crash on Interstate 5 or I-405, a truck accident on Highways 2, 9, 12 or 18 or a motorcycle accident on a state route like 520 or 522, our top priority is to provide you with the vigorous, honest and effective representation that you are entitled to receive from your attorneys.
We Know How Insurance Companies Operate
We are a group of trial lawyers who gained our experience in the insurance defense industry. We know what large insurance companies do to try to minimize their legal exposure. With uninsured or underinsured motorist claims, you may even need to take on your own insurance company. We will use our experience and inside knowledge to prepare your case to obtain the maximum recovery settlement, especially when your insurer acts unfairly and a bad faith insurance claim is warranted.
Talk To Us Before You Talk To The Insurance Company
After a motor vehicle accident, you will probably be contacted by an insurance adjuster, asking for a recorded interview or a signed statement, demanding copies of your medical records or offering a lowball settlement, especially for lasting injuries like neck and spinal cord injury or brain damage.
It is important to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer BEFORE you speak with anybody or sign anything. Magnuson Lowell P.S. offers the experience, talent, creativity, honesty, fairness and common sense you need to help you protect your rights as you navigate through the complexities of the legal system.
Learn More In A Free Consultation
At our firm, your first consultation is free. To schedule yours, please call us at 425-885-7500 or contact us via email.