Do You Need a Divorce Attorney?
At the Law Offices of Magnuson Lowell P.S., in Redmond, Washington, our philosophy about divorce is simple: Our experienced divorce lawyers will help you resolve your divorce issues without creating more stress and financial difficulty than you had before you walked through our doors.
Call a divorce attorney for your free consultation
We handle mediation, arbitration, and negotiation, and can help you do a lot of the work yourself, if your divorce is uncomplicated and uncontested. Ask about our low fees for specific types of services.
We know that you are going through a tough time. You need a lawyer who will answer your questions quickly, honestly, and without making you afraid of receiving the bill. This may be the most difficult time of your life. You don't need any more stress because of your attorney.
When should you consult with a divorce attorney?
When you have decided to end your marriage and you want to ensure your rights and interests are protected throughout the divorce process, it is time to schedule to meet with a divorce lawyer in Redmond or Duvall WA. A divorce attorney can provide legal advice, court representation, and negotiate to reach a fair and equitable settlement.
Additional specific circumstances when it may be important to talk with divorce lawyers include:
- Complex assets: If you have significant assets, such as a business, real estate, or retirement accounts, it may be important to hire a divorce attorney to ensure that your assets are divided fairly. Disagreements over property division, custody, or support: If you and your spouse are unable to agree on issues related to property division, child custody, or support, it may be necessary to hire a divorce attorney to represent your interests in court.
- Domestic violence: If you have experienced domestic violence or abuse, it is important to hire a divorce attorney to help you navigate the legal process and ensure your safety.
- Contested divorce: If your spouse has hired an attorney and is contesting the divorce, it is recommended to hire your own attorney to protect your rights and interests.
- High-net-worth divorce: If you have a high net worth, it is important to hire a divorce attorney who has experience handling complex financial issues in divorce cases.
It's important to note that each divorce is unique and the specific circumstances of your case will determine when it is appropriate to hire an attorney. You may also consider consulting with a divorce attorney before making any major decisions regarding your divorce, such as signing a settlement agreement or consenting to a custody arrangement.
How to hire a good divorce attorney?
When hiring a divorce attorney to represent you in your divorce, consider the following:
- Experience: Look for an attorney who has experience handling divorce cases similar to yours. This will give you an idea of the attorney's level of expertise and the type of results they have achieved for their clients.
- Research: Start by researching divorce attorneys in your area. Look for attorneys who specialize in divorce and family law. Ask for recommendations from friends, family, or other professionals you trust.
- Consultations: Schedule consultations with several potential attorneys and ask about their experience, approach to divorce cases, and fees. This will help you to compare the attorneys and determine which one may be the best fit for your case.
- Reputation: Look for information about the attorney's background, such as their educational background, years of experience, and any professional organizations they belong to. This can give you an idea of the attorney's qualifications and level of expertise.
- Reviews: Check the attorney's online reviews and ratings from past clients to give you an idea of the attorney's reputation and the type of results they have achieved for their clients.
- Communication: Choose an attorney who you feel comfortable communicating with and who is responsive to your needs. A good divorce attorney should be willing to listen to your concerns, answer your questions, and provide guidance throughout the divorce process.
- Professionalism: Look for an attorney who is professional, knowledgeable, and trustworthy. This includes factors such as promptness, attentiveness, and honesty in their dealings with you.
- Results: Consider the attorney's track record of obtaining favorable outcomes for their clients. This can give you an idea of the attorney's ability to negotiate, litigate, and advocate for their clients' interests.
- Cost: Consider the attorney's fee structure, and make sure it is reasonable and transparent. It's also important to understand what is included in the attorney's fee, such as the number of court appearances or the amount of time they will spend on your case.
It's important to remember that hiring a divorce attorney is a big decision, and a process that takes time and research. Schedule consultations with several potential attorneys, and choose the one who you feel most comfortable with and confident in their ability to represent your interests. Take your time, do your research, and choose an attorney who you feel confident will represent your best interests.
We Handle Family Law Matters, Including Uncontested Divorced
We can assist with the following:
When you hire us, you have a right to expect:
- A professional staff that cares about your legal and emotional needs
- Prompt, honest answers to your questions and concerns
- A personal lawyer who works with a team of professionals on your case
- A clear understanding of our fair billing practices and fees
Learn More In A Free Consultation
At our firm, your first consultation is free. To schedule yours, please call us at 425-885-7500 or contact us via email.
Contact a Redmond, Washington, Family Law Attorney About Property Division
If you are thinking about filing for contested or uncontested divorce, or are considering changing divorce lawyers, make your first step the right one. Our attorneys have experience resolving the toughest kinds of divorce issues. Magnuson Lowell P.S. offers you more than just an experienced lawyer. We offer you a new future.