Child Custody Relocation Lawyer | Magnuson Lowell, PS Redmond

Call for a FREE Phone Consultation
Personal Injury Lawyer Attorney | Magnuson Lowell Redmond WA Duvall WA 425-885-7500
Personal Injury Lawyer Attorney | Magnuson Lowell Redmond WA Duvall WA

Representing Parents In Child Move-Away Cases

Are You Looking To Relocate With Your Kids?

The law firm of Magnuson Lowell, P.S., represents custodial and non-custodial parents in child move-away/parental relocation cases. We represent clients on both sides of the issue. If you wish to move with your child, we can help you understand what steps are necessary to take in order to legally do so. If you are a parent who objects to the other parent relocating with your child, we can explain your rights and legal options.

Call a divorce attorney for your free consultation

We handle mediation, arbitration, and negotiation, and can help you do a lot of the work yourself, if your divorce is uncomplicated and uncontested. Ask about our low fees for specific types of services.

Washington family courts make all child custody determinations keeping the best interests of the child involved in mind. It is almost always in the best interests of the child involved to be in close proximity to both parents. This is one of the reasons why child move-away cases are so difficult.

There may be a limited amount of time in which to take action. Contact our relocation attorneys to learn how we can help you through this process. We assist clients in Redmond, Bellevue and the surrounding areas.

Looking To Move With Your Child?

A custodial parent cannot simply move with his or child without taking proper legal steps. The move must first be approved by the non-custodial parent and by the court. The reason for the move will be considered by the court and how the move will affect the child involved and the relationship between the non-custodial parent and the child. If you are looking to move out of the area or out of state with your child, our law firm can walk you through the legal steps involved.

Unapproved Move-Aways

If a parents moves or relocates with a child without giving appropriate notice, there are procedures that can be implemented that would force them to come back. If your child's other parent is looking to move with your child, or if he or she already has, speak to a family law attorney as soon as possible. We can help you explore options for stopping the move-away so you can be close to your child — but it is important to act quickly.

Learn More In A Free Consultation

At our firm, your first consultation is free. To schedule yours, please call us at 425-885-7500 or contact us via email.  Contact our experienced parental relocation attorneys to speak to a child custody lawyer from our firm.